Welcome to our website
The Glossopdale Food Bank was established in 2012.
The Food Bank relies on volunteers and if you want to know more about volunteering, please get in touch.
Over the last few years, the number of Food Banks across the country has grown significantly and the number of people needing emergency food has tripled. This reflects our own experience in Glossopdale. We wish that we didn’t need Food Banks, but until we can close them we will do our very best to help everyone who is experiencing food poverty.
***If you need a food parcel*** If you need a food parcel***
You can self -refer at any of the children centres in the Glossopdale area or at CAB in Glossop :
- Glossop Children Centre Glossop Children’s Centre, Victoria Street, Glossop SK13 8HZ 01629 531232. Open 9.00 to 5.00 Monday to Friday
- Hadfield Children Centre Queen Street SK13 2DW 01629 533682 Open:Tuesday 9.00 to 5.00 Wednesday 9.00 to 12.30 and Thursday 9.00 to 5.00
- Gamesley Children’s Centre, Melandra Castle Road Gamesley, SK13 6UQ 01629 533185 9.00 to 5.00 Monday to Friday
- The Geoffrey Allen Centre Winster Mews, Gamesley, SK13 OLU 9.00 to 5.00 Monday to Friday
- Citizen’s Advice at Bradbury House, 10 Market Street, Glossop SK13 8AR 0300 456 8390 . Drop in sessions Mondays 10.00 to 2.00, Tuesdays 5.00 to 7.00 Fridays 10.00 tio 2.00
A person can self-refer 3 times. After the 3rd self-referral we kindly ask that the person goes to Citizens Advice who can help if further assistance is needed or get a referral from an agency that may be supporting that person like Housing, Adult Care ,Multi Agency Team, GP, British Legion , or any other support agency .